If you’re coming on a self catered chalet holiday in Morzine the one and only thing you’ve got to cook is Tartiflette.
Tartiflette is a ‘classic’ local recipe, but it may not be truly traditional. In fact local myth suggests that it was created relatively recently by Reblochon cheese producers.
It’s super filling, tasty and great value. Plus it is really easy.
But if you prefer to have a tartiflette cooked by a professional you could have one cooked right in front of you by one of our recommended private chefs. Or you could have a freshly cooked one delivered by one of our recommended local delivery services.
1kg potatoes – peeled and sliced into lengths about 1cm thick
2 packets of lardons
1 reblochon cheese – sliced in long lengths about 1 cm thick
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper for seasoning
Green salad to serve
- Heat the oven to 180c
- Par boil the potatoes until the are just starting to get soft (al dente)
- In a frying pan fry the sliced onion, the lardons and crushed garlic
- Cover the bottom of an oven proof dish with 1/3 of the onion and lardon mixture. Then add a layer of potato. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Then cover with a 1/3 of the cream.
- Repeat a further two times so you have 3 layers
- On top of the last layer of potatoes place a layer of the Reblochon cheese
- Cook in the oven for 45 – 50 mins