Morzine is a picturesque village in the northern Alps just an hour from Geneva. In the heart of the Portes du Soleil mountain lift system, the village offers a huge amount of outdoor adventure. Only an hour from Geneva, flights are plentiful and the transfer is short. It is no surprise it is one of the most popular alpine resorts in France.
The Alps in summer is stunningly beautiful, temperatures rise creating wild flower meadows, mountain backdrops and shimmering lakes.
The area is famous for mountain biking with the lift system taking bikes up to the downhill and enduro tracks that Morzine in the top 2 destinations in the world. But it isn’t just mountain biking that draws those with a two wheeled passion to the town; as a regular mountain stage of the Tour De France, Morzine also attracts large number of road cyclists keen to tick of the famous cols.
Morzine is the perfect place for active family holidays. Kids of any age will find so much to do either at the lake or in the river side activities park. With the Multipass scheme at just €2 per day, Morzine can keep active kids busy for very little cost.
With a choice of 17 luxury chalet and apartments in the heart of Morzine, exploring this beautiful town and accessing the activities on offer could not be easier with Elevation.
Morzine is an historic village with chocolate box chalets and surrounded by tree lined mountains. Being a large village there is an abundance of shops, bars and restaurants. The local tourist office is excellent at putting on events throughout the summer so there is always a buzz around town.
The range of restaurants offer everything from Michelin starred gastronomy to cheap and cheerful burger places. There are loads of family restaurants offering traditional Savoyarde fare and wider menus. The local restaurateurs are keen to keep up with modern tastes so you will find that guests with dietary requirements are welcomed and well catered for. We regularly review restaurants in our blog.
We are part of the Multipass scheme which allows guests to purchase the local access all areas card for just €2 per person per day
- Road biking – knock off those Tour cols from your bucket list; Col de Joux Plan, Col de Ramaz and Col de Joux Verte are all on the doorstep. We do guided cycle rides and whole holidays, see here for details
- Downhill MTB Riding – Morzine is one of the top destinations in the world.
- Enduro/Cross country
- You can also hire electric bikes for those who are a a little less able
- Lakes with safe swimming and water sports at Montriond and Les Gets
- Morzine swimming complex with indoor and outdoor pools plus a spa
- White water rafting
- Aquariaz – An indoor water park in Avoriaz
- Use the lift system to access the mountain peaks with ease
- There are hundreds of km of trails that are well signed around Morzine
- 18 hole Les Gets course will test any golfer of his true ability
- 9 hole Avoriaz
- Plus Chamonix and Evian courses are just an hour away
- High ropes courses
- Horse riding
- Tennis Courts
- New skate park
- Rock climbing & Via Ferrrata
- Fantasticable – zip wire between the valleys
We can advise you on any of these activities before your arrival or during your stay.