Would you like to spend the winter skiing or snowboarding in the French Alps and work to earn some money at the same time? When you get a ski season job with Elevation Alps you get plenty of time off to enjoy the mountain.
Elevation Alps is a luxury self catered chalet company in Morzine, which is part of the huge Portes du Soleil ski area in France. We offer our guests high quality vacation rental chalets and apartments plus concierge services like private chefs, housekeeping, grocery and wine deliveries and childcare.
We are a small independent company with a fun and enthusiastic team who live right here in Morzine. Our ethos is really simple; “Work Hard, Be Nice”. We have been incredibly lucky to employ some amazing individuals who have cared deeply about their own and the companies growth and success.
Most of our guests speak English but we also have French, Dutch and German speaking guests too. Our management team speak English and some French. You will find a welcoming and understanding environment if English is not your first language but you want to improve.
You will get plenty of time to enjoy the skiing here in Morzine. There is a huge and varied seasonnaire lifestyle in the town with a young and exciting vibe. And as Morzine is in the heart of the Portes de Soleil ski area you will enjoy some of the best skiing, snowboarding and mountain biking in the Alps. This year we will be taking on around 24 extra seasonal staff, so you will be part of a group of like minded people from the beginning.
Accomodation is hard to find in Morzine so we have organised that on your behalf.
So if you care about what you do and can work hard with a smile on your face, then we would love you to join our team.
Read a personal view of what it is like to work for us here
Apply to any of our vacancies by sending your CV and covering letter to Kath Leake at Info@elevationalps.com
Our current vacancies
Part Time Chalet Hosts
***EU PASSPORT HOLDERS ONLY***
Our part time chalet host role is perfect if you are looking to work but also get lots of time off to enjoy the mountain. You will need to have a reasonable level of english but we are happy to employ people who want to improve their english or french language skills.
You will manage a small number of properties and care for them as if they are your own. Our chalets and apartments are luxury and so are our standards. The core product of an Elevation Alps holiday is simple – a beautiful property cleaned to a 5 star standard and a warm welcome.
- Clean your chalets to a world class standard and set it up for the new guests
- Welcome your guests to their chalet, showing them how everything works and introducing them to the resort
- Highlighting when anything is broken, damaged or missing
- Supporting any extra cleaning your guests book during the week
- You may be asked to support other teams in other chalets on an ad hoc basis
- Depending on your customer service and english speaking skills, you may be invited to help us welcome guests and ensure that they have everything they need.
We have a short time to clean our chalets from the departing guest and set them up for the next arrival, so work can be pretty frenetic. We need people who are always willing to work until the job is done.
You will work in small teams or on your own. You will take responsibility for the work you do and use your common sense to solve small problems that may occur during your day. Couples and friends are very welcome to apply.
You will be given thorough training and be supported by our supervising team.
Hours and Pay
- Contracts from 12 to 15 hours per week. Working days are Saturday and Sunday with the option of extra hours on a Wednesday. Other days are dependent on the length of your contract.
- The season runs from mid December to the end of April. Exact start and end dates are to be confirmed
- Seasonal French Contracts
- French registered Auto-entrepreneurs are very welcome to apply
Is Accomodation Provided?
- We have organised accomodation for our staff. Whether it is included in your package can be discussed when you apply.
What type of person are we looking for?
- EU passport holder
- Speak english at a B1 level
- You will have attention to detail
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Customer focused
- Able to deal with change
- Be Responsible
- Be Self motivateD
Of benefit but not essential:
- Hold a valid and clean drivers license with at least 3 years driving experience
- Customer facing experience
- Tourism experience
- Cleaning experience
- Your own transport