There have been some confusing changes in travel restricitions recently. We are updating this page as news comes in.
In the mean time we ask you to reaquaint yourselves with the cancellation policy below, under which you made your booking. We ask you to note that from Monday 29th November 2021 our cancellation policy for transferred bookings/credit has changed. You will find details at the bottom of the page.
Updated 17th January 2022
ARRIVALS FROM THE UK
If you are fully vaccinated you are allowed to travel to France for holidays. Children aged 18 and under are not required to provide proof of vaccination upon arrival in France providing they are travelling with fully vaccinated adults.
Our friends at Morzine Source Magazine have a page summarising the current travel situation. The page is updated daily. Click here to go to the page
ARRIVALS FROM EUROPE
France requires a negative Antigen test no more than 24 hours before travel whether you are fully vaccinated or not.
You must also complete a form confirming that you do not have symptoms. You can find the form here.
If you are flying, your airline will also communicate requirements with you. So make sure you keep up to date with what they require as well as the above links.
Transit through Geneva into France
If you are transiting straight through to France then the entry requirments are the same as France.
Can I fly into Geneva? Quick checker:
European Pass Sanitaire/ The Pass Vaccinal
It is required in France to have a PASS VACCINAL to access bars and restaurants. There are different rules for teens over 12 years. Our friends at Morzine Souce Magazine are keeping this article about The Pass Vaccinal updated as news comes through.
Transfers from Geneva
If you have booked a transfer with our provide Skiidy Gonzales you need to complete this form
What happens if I get COVID in resort?
If someone in your party gets covid while you are staying at an Elevation Alps property then they will isolate there until the end of the booking. You will not be able to extend your booking any further as we have other guests arriving. It will be down to you to find somewhere else to stay until you get the negative result you need to depart. Travel insurance is available to cover COVID related issues in the UK.
Booking Terms and Conditions for Covid19
Implemented November 2020
We have temporarily relaxed our cancellation and payment policies in light of the Covid pandemic. This allows you to book with us with complete confidence.
These policies are being continuously reviewed in light of changing circumstances.
The following applies to all previously made bookings, the transfer of bookings and credit towards a future bookings which were made up until Sunday 28 November 2021.
- You must make a 25% non-refundable deposit payment within 48 hours of provisionally booking to secure your property
- We will not ask you for the balance payment until 4 weeks prior to your visit. If you decide not to come at this point you can roll your 25% non-refundable deposit to another date at the same property up to 18 months from your arrival date. Your decision does not have to be based on an official Covid related restriction* at this point.
- Within one week of your arrival, if there are Covid related restrictions* which prevent your travel to the booked property, Elevation Alps will accept a cancellation by you. You will be given a credit for the total amount paid. You can use this credit to book the same property for up to 18 months from your arrival date.
- Bookings made with the credit will be make under our standard cancellation policy which does not include a Covid clause. If you do want a credit under this condition then you may request a refund of your balance and 50% of your deposit.
- If you decide that you do not want to come after you have paid your balance, but there are no official travel restrictions*, you will be cancelling your booking and no refund or credit will be given. Our normal cancellation T&Cs will apply.
- If Covid related restrictions* come into force mid way through your stay and you have to leave, it will not be possible for Elevation Alps to refund or give a credit for any part of your accommodation cost. If you wish to make a claim on your travel insurance then Elevation Alps will supply any documentation you need.
Covid related restrictions* must include one of the following:
- A travel ban in France or from your country of residence or country of arrival which prevents travel to the booked property.
- A Covid related closure of the Morzine-Avoriaz mountain lifts
- A Covid related instruction from the local authorities that requires the closure of our properties
- Your country of residence requiring a mandatory quarantine period of more than 2 days on your return. This does not include a quarantine period on return due to a positive Covid test.
All other T&Cs remain the same.
If you have any questions or concerns just get in touch at email@example.com
Important Changes to our Cancellation Policy from Monday 29th November 2021
From Monday 29th November 2021 – all new bookings, the transfer of current bookings/credit towards future bookings will be made under our standard cancellation policy. These do not include the relaxed cancellation policy for COVID detailed above.
We advise that you take out travel insurance which includes a COVID policy. These policies are now widely available.
You can read our standard cancellation policy which is part of our Terms and Conditions here
If you are transferring or receiving a credit for your booking after Monday 29th November and you do not wish to rebook under our standard cancellation policy then you may request a refund of your balance payment and 50% of your deposit
New bookings made after the 29th November will not be given the option of transfer, credit or refund as these bookings were made under our standard cancellation policy which does not include any allowance for Covid.